My First Flight

My First Flight

My very first (and only, as of right now) time on a airplane was when I was 19 years old; 12 days shy of turning 20 (8 months ago, to be exact).
My boyfriends parents bought me the ticket to go from Fredericton, New Brunswick to Ottawa, Ontario to 1. Visit my boyfriend , because that's where he was living at the time. 2. As a birthday present to experience a place outside of New Brunswick for once in my conscious life, and 3. To help my boyfriend pack up his stuff and keep him company for the 10 hour drive from Ottawa to Fredericton, as he was moving to Halifax to be closer to me!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Le ticket
I was soooo nervous. I couldn't for the life of me make up my mind about going. My very first flight, and I had to do it all by myself!! I flipped a quarter to let fate decide if I was destined to go or not. Heads - I go, tails - I don't. 
I flipped heads 6 times in a row!!! So, that made my mind up  (I'm all about fate and destiny), but it took a lot of courage for me to do it (I'm also all about anxiety).  I figured it would be a big, long, complicated process and that I would mess it up some how. But, come to my surprise, it was so simple and easy!

My boarding time was 6:30am, so of course I was up at 3am getting myself ready and prepared.
My mother and I arrived at the airport around 5am. I gave the ticket agent guy my information, received my ticket, had my carry-on (the only bag I took) weighed and checked. - Random fun story about this process; I took a normal tube of tooth paste(7oz), and we all know we can only take liquids and gels on a plane that are 3oz(100ml) or less, but they let me take it anyways because it was half full :) #IFeltPrivileged -
After getting my bag checked, I got called for a random security check. A girl pulled me to the side , asked me if I wanted it private, I told her no, so she patted me down right there and ran a metal detector thing over me. I was clear :p
After that I went to zone 4 (That's where I had the most confusion- trying to figure out where zone 4 was) and waited till I heard they were boarding my flight!

The plane was extremely tiny. Way smaller than I thought it would be! I had difficulty finding my seat number, but I made it there eventually and luckily I had a window seat!!! When they were defrosting the plane  it kind of spooked me out, haha. I had no clue what was going on. My favorite part of the trip was looking out the window and seeing the amazing views from so high up in the air. Since my flight was so early I also got to see the sunrise up there. It was breathtaking. Here's a video of the sunrise from the plane.
However, I was also seated so I had perfect view of the wings , which was restricting the sight to my beautiful sky. Another video.

The flight was around 2 hours long. It was dark and cold and I swear every other passenger on the plane was sleeping. But, it was exciting and went by quick! It was so beautiful and I made the best of it!
Here's a video of everyone sleeping  LOL. And here's one above Ottawa! :)

Getting off , I just followed the crowd of people. Once inside and I lost my crowd, I just followed the exit signs and walked right into my boyfriends arms. :) My first flight experience was fabulous!

Image may contain: cloud

Comments

  1. I remember my first flight..i was so nervous but the sight above those clouds watching the sunrise was breathtaking. Glad you enjoyed your first flight. And good to see you are going to school :) Lots of luck this yr. Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments!! :)